December 10th Meet & Greet - Pike Creek

• I know a lot of people (myself included) are disappointed about shutting down the toy drive. I am hoping people will be open to attending a meet and greet instead. We will collect toys for A. I. Dupont from club members or anyone that wants to stop over. We can have a short December meeting over drinks and apps inside Ruby Tuesdays. I contacted RT today and they are more then happy to close off part of the restaurant for us. The M&G will start at 2 with toy collection until about 2:30-3ish. Post up if you are interested in coming so I can give RT a ballpark estimate on the number of people.

• I should be there.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Great idea, I'll plan to be there.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• I have a $100 gift certificate for Quadratec we will be raffling off for the event and we are working on a few donations. I'll post up when I get more info.

The raffle tickets will probably be $5.

Hope everyone can stop by. :santa:

EDIT: I loved the outside toy drive but it's been pretty cold a couple years. Sitting inside and hanging out will be nice too. :)

• I know a lot of people (myself included) are disappointed about shutting down the toy drive. I am hoping people will be open to attending a meet and greet instead. We will collect toys for A. I. Dupont from club members or anyone that wants to stop over. We can have a short December meeting over drinks and apps inside Ruby Tuesdays. I contacted RT today and they are more then happy to close off part of the restaurant for us. The M&G will start at 2 with toy collection until about 2:30-3ish. Post up if you are interested in coming so I can give RT a ballpark estimate on the number of people.

why is it shut down?! I look forward to this as do many others I'm sure..

• why is it shut down?! I look forward to this as do many others I'm sure..

Just to clarify, Jeeps For Joy is alive and well.

What we will not be doing is the large outside production at the shopping center.

It costs JFJ several hundred dollars for insurance to hold it there.

We also will not be placing boxes in businesses like we did in the past because they cost money to make the posters to cover them, very few people volunteered to place or service them, and the amount of toys from them just didn't make it worth while.

We will still be collecting toys at the M&G and will deliver them to A.I. duPont afterwards.

JFJ will also continue to buy toys for Childrens Choice.

So, as you can see, JFJ has not been shut down, there have just been some adjustments made to make what JFJ and DEJA can do go a little further.

• Me and my wife are tentative for this. I keep trying to make these meetings and end up working. :censored:

2013 Jeep Wrangler 4 Door (JKU)*SOLD*
    2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
    DE tag : OIF 118
    Honk if you see me!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!